Who am I?
My name is Alex Francis, and I'm a BACP registered counsellor based in Lewes, Sussex, in the heart of the Sussex Downs. Lewes is within easy reach of Brighton, Eastbourne, Ringmer and surrounding towns and villages. You can learn about my education and therapeutic approach here.
There are a number of reasons why you might be considering counselling. You may be:
- Feeling anxious or depressed.
- Struggling to come to terms with a loss or bereavement.
- Having relationship difficulties.
- Engaging in behaviour that may be harmful to yourself or your family.
- Facing stressful, possibly life changing decisions about work, marriage, relationships or friendships.
- Having the same negative, repetitive thoughts about yourself or others.
- Feeling like an impostor at work or in social situations.
- Sensing life could be better, without being able to put your finger on what’s missing.
- Feeling you want to change, but don’t (yet) believe change is possible.
These are just some of the issues clients have come to see me with, for individual or couples/relationship counselling. The most important thing is to know you don't need to face these or any other issues alone.
What happens in the first session?
Whatever brings you to counselling, I will start by listening to you, without judgement. I want to understand the world as you are experiencing it now. I do this with the goal of helping to guide you on your journey to becoming the person you want to be.
What do I offer?
At the core of everything I do is the therapeutic relationship we form in our work together. Because of this I offer a low cost introductory session to give you a sense of who I am and how we might get along together. You can then decide whether to arrange weekly fifty minute counselling sessions.